- 1 crusty baguette, cut into chunks
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 400g Gruyère cheese, grated
- 200g maasdam cheese, grated
- 300ml dry white wine
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 4 tbsp dry schnapps (kirsch)
- white pepper, for seasoning
- Mix the cornflour and schnapps together to form a paste & set aside.
- Rub the inside surface of the fondue pot with garlic.
- Add the wine and then the cheese and simmer until the ingredients are a smooth.
- Add the cornflour, stir and simmer a few minutes.
Place the pot onto the fondue stand and light the burner to keep warm and serve immediately. Serve with the bread chunks, cracked pepper and a green salad. Serve with white wine, schnapps or peppermint tea to aid digestion.
CLICK HERE for more Wheel & Barrow recipes.