Whip this up on a whim using just 5-6 ingredients! This easy recipe will allow you to master your pastry making skills in an instant. Not only can you make this with what you have to hand and your pantry staples, but it's also an excellent recipe for when you need a last-minute dessert.
If you don't have fresh fruit, try swapping for pre-soaked dried fruit, canned or frozen fruit you need to use up. Baking is a wonderful antidote to boredom, stress, anxiety or for when you just need a distraction. As a mindfulness practice try to focus on how the texture, taste and smell changes at every step of the way.
TIME: Prep time 30 minutes. Bake time 30 minutes.
- Combine the flour, butter, sugar and water in a food processor. Process until combined. Scoop into a container, cover and chill for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray and dust it with flour. Roll out the pastry on the baking tray so it’s about ½ cm thick.
- Spread the jam on the pastry, leaving a 3cm border. Arrange the sliced apples or pears on top of the jam. Fold the edges of the pastry over to form a crust.
- Bake the galette in the oven for 30 minutes or until it is golden brown.
- Enjoy with ice cream or yoghurt. Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
CLICK HERE for more The Source Bulk Food recipes